Quote

Black Lives Matter

Sunday 24 May 2009

Wardrobe in a week - Bonus Skirt


Using (yet again), the Loes Hinse Gore Skirt - 6 panel and 6 godet modified version, here is a print skirt which is working a LOT better than the jacquard one.
The print reminds me of bark, leaves, even African tribal shields and so I think works well with the Sunset Safari style.

This also shows what a difference the weight and drape of the fabric makes. This one hangs down nicely, and its only apparent how much fabric there is at the bottom when you actually walk. It took about 3 and a half hours to make.

I've called this the bonus skirt, but I think it works better than the jacquard skirt, so they may swap over and I'll need to rework the jacquard one another day.

I also shortened some brown trousers I made for last years SWAP which have always been too long, now they are just right.

I will see what else I have in the alteration pile that needs brown thread whilst the machines are threaded and then I will have really had enough of brown and will need to change colour.
Somehow alterations seem easier if the right colour thread is on the machine so I try to throw one in every so often when I am on a roll.

2 comments:

Rhoto said...

"...when I am on a roll". You REALLY ARE--on a roll, eh!! ;)
Gooooo, Ruthie!!
Soft hug,
Rhonda in Montreal (PR)

Anonymous said...

It is sunday and you have already finished 4 items??!! I am impressed!! And love this brown garments, especially the print top and print skirt. Beautiful fabric.