Quote

Black Lives Matter

Sunday 12 July 2009

Weekend Away

Had a nice weekend away in South Devon staying with family.
The weather wasn't too good so DH suggested shopping on two occasions. Once I'd checked he hadn't been taken over by an alien (he's normally very averse to shopping) I took full advantage and on each trip found a fabric shop.

So Friday afternoon was Exmouth and 'The Linen Box' a sewing and wool shop where I bought 2 metres of bright red rayon/linen mix fabric. Probably become red linen trousers. Perhaps too loud but I bet I would wear them :-)

Saturday afternoon was Totnes which has 'Stone Fabrics & Sewing Surgery' at the top of the High Street. There I bought some lime green shell buttons for the next McCall's shirt and 2 metres of lovely viscose lycra knit in a red coral colour which I am hoping will be a dress.
Dh also bought us goodies from the traditional sweet shop which was lovely.

Sunday afternoon we went to Dawlish Warren, walked on the beach and the sea front and had icecream in the sunshine! What more can you want?

MIL gave me some nice curtains which I hope will work in the Sewing Room - they are pink and green Dorma ones in a traditional floral design - normally too girly for me but I think will be nice in there with everything else plain.

3 comments:

Rhoto said...

"Once I'd checked he hadn't been taken over by an alien (he's normally very averse to shopping) I took full advantage and on each trip found a fabric shop."
You're a HOOT, Ruthie!! Such a nice time you described!!
Soft hug,
Rhonda in Montreal (PR)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lovely time you had and nice fabrics too.

Jenni said...

Glad you had a good time. Trust you to track down a fabric shop in every town. :) Good work... do they do mail order?