Quote

Black Lives Matter

Sunday 23 May 2010

Black and white wrap top

Part of the newspaper collection this Black and white knit top is based on the Jalie wrap top.
I've made that design multiple times, but this is the first where I have used a contrast band.
I had plenty of fabric and could have easily had a print band, but I liked the idea of the contrast black band.
I didn't have anything suitable in black in the right weight so bought a small remnant of black to cut bands and so on for tops like this.

I've used the cover stitch to hem the top and sleeves, and am getting more confident using it now which is good. (as ever click to view it 'big')

I have now done 6 pieces in the Newspaper collection, so at the end of May I shall stop (I may do a few more knit tops) and move onto the Turquoise Trends wardrobe instead.


5 comments:

Michelle said...

I love the fabric! Fantastic top!

Gail said...

Totally agree with Michelle's comment.

gwensews said...

That's a great top. Your clothes closet must be bulging! How fun!

Jenni said...

Oooh that looks absolutely wonderful. I love the way the band sets off the print fabric. This looks really expensive and luxe.

Omega said...

I love this top! Gorgeous fabric and I love the contrast band.