Quote

Black Lives Matter

Monday 27 September 2010

Autumn Sewing Plans



Including the altered RTW I am NEARLY there with a type 3 SWAP. which if you remember is

Option #3:
5 dresses -single pieces consisting of top and bottom that can be worn alone.
4 tops  - t-shirts, shirts, blouses, or camisoles
1 bottom  - jeans, pants, shorts, skirt or kilt.
1 your choice (not an accesory)

So far I have
4 dresses
2 tops
1 bottom

I have a waistcoat and a blouse cut out, so if I get on and do those I'd have

4 dresses
3 tops
1 bottom
1 waistcoat

would then need another top and another dress for a full type 3 SWAP.

Looking at it a bit more objectively I seem to be a bit short of layers, which SWAP isn't big on, but 6PAC is.

6PAC rules have

Skirt or trousers (neutral) - I'm OK there
3 blouses/tops (1 to match bottom, 2 to complement) - would be OK when I'm done on tops
Cardigan (to match skirt/trousers) - still needed
Coat or jacket (co-ordinating neutral) - still needed, or cheat and use RTW I already have.

So finish blouse and waistcoat
sew another dress and another top
Sew a cardigan
Use existing brown RTW coat
All done!!

3 comments:

Vix said...

You certainly seem in good shape; love the new dresses you've added.

You didn't ask, ha, but I vote for Plan Cardigan...it's always great to have something that will layer up perfectly with new duds.

Maryissewfast said...

I so admire your organized sewing capsules Ruthie! I am more of a pull out a random piece of fabric that suits my fancy at the moment and sew it! I am working on the Hepburn/Hepburn capsule and so maybe I can emulate your SWAP skills! Thanks!

Jenni said...

Wow, just like that, a wardrobe is born. Well done. Its all very coordinated and the dresses are lovely.