Quote

Black Lives Matter

Tuesday 23 August 2011

Cream tees

Yes that's cream tees not cream teas!
The idea being that a few different cream coloured tees would be great in the wardrobe.
A more wearable version (and easier to sew!) of the 5 white shirts challenge that was about in sewing blog land a few months back.
My plans are to have
1. A plain scoop neck with 3/4 sleeves. This would be a super basic with no fancinesss.
2. Next up a mock wrap princess seam from Simplicity 2977 with added sleeves.
3. Then a version of the HotPatterns top with a draped neckline. I made this before in a poly slinky which looked great but was very sweaty for me to wear so I donated it. It worked with loads of outfits though so I need another one in viscose (rayon) knit instead.
4. Next up a loose fitting top with a soft cowl, YorkshireLass has leant me a pattern for this (I think a Loes Hinse).
5. Since by this point I will have probably lost the plot and never want to sew cream again there probably won't be a number 5, but I've previously made the Jalie crossover top in the same fabric, so may sub in a previously made piece.

This coming weekend is a 3 day holiday in the UK (August Bank Holiday) and I took some extra days off work planning to go away. Instead I think I will stay home and have a Cream Tee Staycation! I could do all 4 new tees in that time :-)

6 comments:

Rhoto said...

A "Staycation"... I LIKE that!!
Greetings,
Rhonda

Ann said...

I am saying the same "A Staycation" but it should be "A Sewing Staycation".
I think you might be sick of sewing cream but having 4 or 5 cream tops in your wardrobe will be wonderful as you can mix and match with other items.
Have a great staycation.
Ann

Jenni said...

The cream tees do sound a very useful idea.
I'd forgotten you even had that pattern.
:)

pdiddly said...

Yes I agree the cream tees sound good - I will lose part of the long weekend getting back from Houston, but would love to just stay at home and sew, sadly my D Mike has other plans for Monday :-(

Sigrid said...

What a good idea. Looking forward to the result.

Carolyn said...

I hope you have a wonderful staycation (I love that word!) and all I can say is that I would certainly welcome lots of cream tops too. Good luck! ( and thank you so much for your lovely comment)