Quote

Black Lives Matter

Saturday 28 July 2012

Sewing Olympics: 5 Garment Challenge - the second completed garment

I've had a really good run with my second garment.  This is made from the textured tweedy fabric of unknown fibre content bought from a discount fabric shop in NW England. It has a dark brown background and orange and ivory threads woven in randomly. I love the way this style plays with the grain of the fabric.
This is another TNT pattern though not one I've made for a little while this is a flared bias cut skirt made from 3 shaped panels.
Prima is a UK women's magazine which contains a simple sewing pattern for subscribers. Because they are simple patterns they are often really quick to make up and I save them all.
This pattern is from September 2005, so ideal for an Autumn collection.

4 comments:

Julie Culshaw said...

Wow, fast. That skirt is lovely.

Judith said...

You are whipping these Olympic garments up faster than they are winning races!!! And yours are all gold-medal deserving...
✿ Judy
made by J

Debbi said...

Love this. You did a great job.

Carolyn said...

This is just what I've been looking for in a pattern for a skirt I have in mind. Do you know if it's possible to get the Prima issue/pattern or the USA?

Love your blog. Thanks so much.
Carolyn Harris
Alexandria, Virginia USA