Quote

Black Lives Matter

Friday 9 November 2012

Mini tree decorations

A lovely member from SG gave me some fabric scraps, and I used a strip of green gold silk to make these dinky little Christmas trees. The trunks are just scraps of brown felt, and the hanging loops are ribbon from stash.
I love these and can't quite bear to sell them tomorrow at the Christmas Market - well maybe I can.
I have also made large numbers of clay decorations which have all then needed painting on both sides and the edges, and some then varnishing as well. Hopefully these will all sell well.

4 comments:

sdBev said...

Good luck tomorrow. I hope they all sell.

RhondaBuss said...

Your trees are so sweet. Great thoughts for a successful sale are coming to you from "across the pond!!"

Sandra said...

Ruthie, I hope that you sell all of your handmade treasures. Oh and you inspired me -- when looking for something else, I came across some pieces of red wool that I had "felted" in the washing machine. And I have some green plaid and some blue plaid fabrics (small pieces). I am planning to cut out a red heart and stitch it onto a bias-cut square of fabric, then attach a ribbon and sew it to another piece of fabric, maybe red hearts on both sides, stuffed with a little filling. If you hadn't posted about your red wool heart ornaments, I wouldn't even have noticed that I have everything right here to make some. So thanks very much!

SewRuthie said...

You are very welcome Sandra!