Quote

Black Lives Matter

Wednesday 24 April 2013

Me Made May?

Hello sewing world, can anyone point me to the 'Me Made May' source page and explain what the rules are?
Since my job is a suity office type one, and I mostly sew knits I definitely can't wear entirely Ruthie made stuff. However I was wondering if you can qualify even if you only wear one 'me made' thing like a cami or even earrings?

I am planning to use the jacket in New Look 6082
to sew up some simple suiting jackets, and instantly have suits by using the leftover fabric from when I made trousers. I can definitely do this with some navy pinstripe, some dark brown self stripe and a charcoal with teal stripes. I wear the trousers quite a bit with non matching wool jackets, except for the dark brown which doesn't seem to work with any existing jackets.
That'd give me three Ruthie made suits. I can also do the knit dress and jacket approach and wear some of my handmade bead jewellery.

Thoughts?

3 comments:

LisaB said...

Hi, Ruthie. I think the info is in this post: http://sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/me-made-may13-sign-up-here.html

I doubt I could pull it off myself but admire all those who can!

SewRuthie said...

Thanks LisaB. I think I could manage one item of clothing/jewellery I've made myself each day, though it requires a bit of thinking about for work. It might be a nice excuse to sit down and make some new earrings/necklace sets that are work appropriate but still slightly different because I made them myself.

Sharon said...

Glad LisaB gave you the link Ruthie and your commitment can be as little or as much as you are comfortable with, I know my first challenge commitment was 1 garment/knit/jewellery a day so I am sure you can do it.