Quote

Black Lives Matter

Saturday 14 December 2013

SWAP plans updated

I have been thinking about what would be useful extra pieces in my wardrobe, as well as continuing to incorporate those already cut out projects I plan to sew up as part of SWAP.
I am going to replace the knit pants with a black wool pencil skirt, as I know I would never wear knit pants for work.
And I am going to replace the sweater knit cardigan jacket with a lined black wool jacket.
This will give me another work suit, and being wool, the pieces will also work as separates with the dark green tweed pieces.

I am going to use the black ponte (which was for the knit pants) in a simple shift dress which could work with any of the jackets.
And I'm going to add some woven black pants into the mix as well, something from Burda with a waistband and lots of fullness in the hips/thighs made from a drapey washable fabric.

So the list now is:-
Green wool tweed used for jacket, skirt and waistcoat
Black wool used for jacket and skirt
Black ponte dress
Black woven trousers
Orange turtleneck top, cream mock wrap top and another top which needs to be a shirt/blouse.
Green cord skirt

3 comments:

BeaJay said...

Love your plan and am envious of your drawing skills - mine are non existent.

I popped over to your board at Artisan's square and had a look.

I always love your finished SWAPS. They are items that I really relate to and would love to have.

SewRuthie said...

Thank you BeaJay, it is so nice of you to say so :-)
This year its all looking a bit more grown-up, but I guess that is just where i am at right now!

Sewingfunthings said...

I like your plan and enjoy your SWAP experiences.