Quote

Black Lives Matter

Saturday 24 May 2014

Recent small projects: Cushions from remnants

Several years ago someone gave me 4 fabric sample books from Sanderson produced in the 1980s.
They are mostly floral prints on linen mix upholstery fabrics, though some are on cotton as well.
I've been making them (and other suitable scraps from the fabric stash) up into cushions which I hope to sell for charity whenever there is a craft fayre locally.
I have to say I absolutely love the heart shaped ones, and its really made a goodly dent in the cushion stuffing stash. These are made as a cushion cover from the print fabric and then a specially made heart shaped pillow form inside, so the cover can be removed for laundering.
 I tried to centre the heart shape over the large floral motifs on the fabric samples.
My absolute favourite is actually this one made from some of the leftover fabric scraps using a 'quilt as you go' technique.
A few of these cushions may not actually make it to the sale, as i plan to snaffle them for myself first. But which ones to choose?

2 comments:

sdBev said...

Oh Ruthie
These are stunning.

Jenni said...

Really lovely cushions. The prints work really well with the cushion shapes.