Quote

Black Lives Matter

Sunday 31 July 2016

Oceans Collection: Item One - Navy Pinstripe Palazzo Pants

Here's the first item from the Ocean's collection, it is a pair of pinstripe navy trousers using the GBSB From Stitch to Style Palazzo Pant pattern.
Following my measurements I cut a size 18, telling myself its only a number. I think given how loose they are a 16 would have been plenty.
I staystitched but still the top of the trousers would not fit onto the waistband. I added 6 additional 1/2" darts to get them to fit to the waistband.
I used a navy blue pinstripe suiting fabric with a little stretch.
The waistband is really narrow. I added a button and buttonhole as I did not have a trouser bar.
They are very long. I have used a 4" hem on these which feels luxurious but is overkill.
I did include the pocket from the culotte version. I stitched up the opening except for just enough to be able to get a hand in, this stopped it gaping.
I used 4 different feet on the ordinary sewing machine plus the overlocker on these. It was a lot of fun. The feet used were - standard foot, invisible zipper foot, buttonhole foot and blind hem foot.
I modified the instructions slightly so I could do almost everything by machine. I only sewed the button on by hand. The waistband is stitched in the ditch and the hem is done with the blind hemmer.
I might scoop the back crotch slightly, but I will test wear them tomorrow first.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Sounds likd thd pattern was very inaccurately printed b ut you did a great job fixing that and they look great. Very wearable.