Something went a bit wrong with them at the time and they did not fit the cotton print waist facing. So as I was trying to meet a deadline for a PR contest I just put some pleats in the front and called it done. They looked like this.
I must admit I don't love the corduroy trousers which came out rather shapeless (far right), so they are going to have a makeover. They are very comfortable but definitely look like they should be worn by a Cheshire farmer with his wellies and coat which was not quite the look I was going for.So not quite 7 years later I have actually got round to it! I changed the side invisible zip from a pale blue one which was a bit too obvious to a darker blue one. It still doesn't match exactly but is a good depth of colour and insrted nicely.
I cut a straight waistband from scraps with a seam at the side, removed the front pleats I had added and sewed the waistband on, adding a tab with buttonhole and a button. They fit quite well (as I'm a bit fatter then than now). And here I am wearing them with the the teal poloneck (turtleneck) from the 2013 SWAP.
I'm pleased with these and can see me wearing them through the Autumn and Winter.
If I manage to lose some more weight they may need another remake!