Quote

Black Lives Matter

Saturday 23 December 2017

Drop shouldered cardigan jacket

I wanted to develop my own cardigan jacket pattern with a drop shoulder which I could use for me, but also for the charity craft stall (in colours which don't work so well for me).
So I traced bits off a RTW cardigan, and looked at how other patterns were constructed and eventually came up with something of my own.
It has an angled shoulder seam, a dropped shoulder, long sleeve, back cut on fold and front which can have an integral or separate band. If the fabric edge is nice and also the reverse attractive I can use the cut on band and have a casual shawl collar, but otherwise I can have a separate neckband.
I've used a sofa throw I bought from Dunelm Mill and used the ribbing on the hem and cuffs, and the finished edge as the edge of the front panels. It is two layers of knit woven together and very thick.
Not quite sure what I'll do with the leftovers as it has no ribbing, perhaps a sweatshirt with sewn on ribbing, or a cushion!
Also works well with the two tops I already sewed, though its so thick I'd be pretty warm in them.


1 comment:

Carol in Denver said...

That's a very pretty jacket. A job well done! If that were my pattern, I'd be making it again and again.